Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a weekly blog meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeywhere you list the books you read last week and the ones you hope to read this week!

I knew as soon as I posted the titles of the books I hoped to read last week that I would probably end up switching what I was reading. I am not loyal to a reading plan, and if a different book comes along I want to read more, I will. A few books I was expecting to get in at the library didn't come in, but others did. And, my Amazon order came! Yay! That being said:

Read Last Week:




The Orange Eats Creeps by Grace Krilanovich: I thought this would be a fun horror read - how could it not be with the main character a self proclaimed "hobo vampire junkie"? Maybe I wasn't in the mood, but partway through, I set it aside. I am home on spring break this week, and if I run out of books, I will pick it up and finish it. Otherwise, it will be a book I couldn't get into, at least right now.

Specials by Scott Westerfeld: This is the last book in the Uglies trilogy - I picked it up after reading Twilight and The Hunger Games. I liked it more than Twilight and less than Hunger Games; I love this world that Westerfeld has created, very futuristic and scary in a conformist way. It is a quick, young adult read.

Pale Demon by Kim Harrison: I love this series by Kim Harrison, and her main character Rachel Morgan is so spunky. I have to admit, one of the reasons I enjoy it is that it is set in Cincinnati, and being from the midwest, I support all books that are set here. It is a fun series, and exactly what I needed last week. The week before spring break is nuts at work!



Currently Reading (or so that is the plan):




A Crown of Lights and To Dream of the Dead by Phil Rickman: Two holds of mine that came in to the library. I will probably read at least one today, since the nice spring Michigan weather has given way to SNOW today.

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County: I started this last night, and it is sad so far. I am enjoying the story, but poor Truly!

8 comments:

  1. The Phil Rickman books look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious to read your thoughts of The Giant of Aberdeen County. Enjoy your books and have a lovely week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a really interesting mix of books there! I have a hard time sticking with a reading plan, too. But I need it to keep me reading and away from the TV screen! Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Uglies series! Have a fab week. See what I'm reading here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read the Uglies series since forever! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Little Giant! Hope the snow stays away for good!! I'm so tired of being cold and no sun!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read the first Kim Harrison book but when I went to read the second one I couldn't take to it at all. I don't know why. I read Ugly not that long ago and very much enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Specials looks good! Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, don't be shy! I love hearing from people.