Monday, July 9, 2012

Heat Wave - Part I


Billy and I went to Eastern Market on the hottest day of the heat wave- we went early but the sun was already blazing away in the sky, creating a 92 degree temperature at 9 am.  The heat seemed to affect my photos; I didn't take as many, and they seemed to all have the same thing in common. the colors of fire- red, orange, yellow.



These fish tacos were part of  Chef Race Uk vs. Us.  We had never heard of this, but voted with our dollars for Team UK.  Billy thought the tacos were really good, but I  could not force them down in that heat and that early!


The truck.  We didn't even stick around to see what was going on, I was melting.  I couldn't believe it when I looked it up online! I probably saw Jamie Oliver and didn't realize it!








I really wanted to get a better picture of this, my cousin says pies are the next trend in food, but I was being jostled by many sweaty people. So I hurriedly snapped what I could.




These Asiatic Lilies were like an oasis in the heat, so cool and silky.

3 comments:

  1. Great photos! Pies are where it's at. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lol, I tried to get a better picture, just to show Detroit can keep up! ;)

      Delete
  2. Yum! That produce looks delicious and so do the fish tacos! What a lovely market. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, don't be shy! I love hearing from people.