Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Top Ten Reads of 2010


For some reason today I keep thinking about books and reading. This seems like a weird thing to be thinking about on New Years Day, but here I am, doing it. Maybe I am because last night I was talking to people about books, and the thoughts carried over to today. Who knows.

I went back and looked at my Goodreads page - one of my resolutions this year is to enter every book I read into Goodreads, even if it is a throwaway read. It was interesting to see what I was reading this time last year, and that got me to thinking about what books I read this year that I absolutely loved, couldn't get enough of, caused me to stay up until 3 am reading them. They are not all new to 2010, but 2010 is when I read them.

They are, in no particular order ~

1. The Little Friend by Donna Tartt

2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett

3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

4. The Likeness by Tana French

5. The Kitchen Boy: A Novel of the Last Tsar by Robert Alexander

6. First They Killed My Father by Loung Ung

7. The Passage by Justin Cronin

8. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

9. The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb

10. South of Broad by Pat Conroy


What did you read? What were your favorites of 2010? I need some ideas for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, don't be shy! I love hearing from people.