Sunday, May 1, 2011

Holy Crepe!

The weekend may have been cold without much sun, but it has been a pretty fantastic weekend anyway. It was a rather eating based weekend, but I am not complaining about that! I will just have to make up for it next weekend with a lot of hiking!

Saturday Billy and I went to Eastern Market, just to hang out, figure out what we wanted to plant, and people watch. My favorite vendor was there, Patisserie by Matt Knio, who makes the best almond croissants! I could eat a million of these, but then I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe in a larger size. But they are that good, that you want to almost take that chance. Billy also bought a container garden of mixed greens, that we are excited about eating from this spring and summer.

And to continue on the good eating trend, Chrissy and I went to What Crepe in Royal Oak- out of all the crepe places I have been to recently, this one is by far my favorite. I loved the decor, the food, the service, it was a total package experience and I can't wait to go back. We ended up bringing half our crepes home, because we splurged and got an appetizer of Crispies with Nutella- fabulous! They were crispy ittle crepe pieces, that you dip into Nutella. Delicious! I ordered a mushroom, spinach, asparagus and feta crepe, and I think I am going to eat the leftover for dinner in a few hours, if I am even hungry by then. If not, Billy will be eating some great leftovers. We shopped around the town, but actually ended up only buying cupcakes to share with Billy and Devin from Taste Love Cupcakes- I bought a Strawberry Champagne cupcake (which were apparently made this week to celebrate the Royal Wedding) and a Breakfast cupcake, which I couldn't resist with all the cinnamon sprinkled on top! We will be eating these later.

On a different note, I was nerdily excited yesterday when three books I had on hold at the library came in - A Discovery of Witches, Molokai, and The Peach Keeper. Then when I got home from the library, one of my paperback swap requests was in my mailbox!

Sometimes it is these simple moments that can make me the happiest - time with family, good food, and good books. This weekend I had it all!

4 comments:

  1. I love simple moments too!! You got some great reads from the library. I am going to get to Eastern Market one of these days and I must try the crepe place for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you had such a good weekend and enjoyed all the goodies and then to end it all you got the books you were waiting for. I enjoyed the experience just reading your words. I love Eastern Market and would like to spend more time there and just enjoy it and not be in a hurry to get what I am after and get home. Some day I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci- I loved The Peach Keeper - and the crepe place is a must try for sure.

    Fluff- Eastern Market is one of our favorite places to visit - the bustle, the people, the fresh local food in the middle of an urban city, it just a great place to go.

    I hope that you both get to visit and spend some time there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really summed it up well in that last sentence! It's the little things that make life great.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, don't be shy! I love hearing from people.